Resources for Those Who Work With or Care for Children
How many items can I sign out?
You may have 7-10 items signed out on your card at any one time. This can include 1 Play the Story Suitcase.
Can I bring my children with me on my visit to the ASCY Professional Resource Library or an outreach location?
If you are using ANY equipment, children under the age of 16 are NOT permitted on-site. For a quick (5-minute-maximum) toy lending or toy return, children are allowed on-site under your immediate supervision.
Can I bring a guest to the Professional Resource Library?
Guests over the age of 16 are welcome. If they are planning to use ANY equipment, they must purchase a day pass ($5.00)
How do I make sure I return everything I take out?
In every bin, there is a parts list. Check the parts list when you get home and call us if something is missing. Use the parts list to ensure all pieces are returned to the bin.
Professional Resource Library memberships are open to residents and employees who work with or provide care for children in the city of Hamilton. The Professional Resource Library membership costs $45.00 and is renewed annually on the anniversary month. A membership card is issued with your ID number. This card must be worn at all times when in the Professional Resource Library (cards are for individual member use only and are non-transferrable and non-refundable).
This membership entitles the member to:
- Use of Professional Resource Library and lending services
- Use of the Professional Resource Library equipment and work area
- ASCY e-Professional Learning Brochures
ASCY is an adult-oriented work environment, therefore, for health, safety and liability reasons, individuals under the age of 16 are not allowed on the premises when equipment is being used.
Please note: full-time students receive memberships at a 50% discount.
We also offer Day Passes for $5.00.
Please Note: The Professional Resource Library is closed ALL Saturdays of Holiday Weekends, two weeks during the summer, and the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Administrative Office: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The ASCY Professional Resource Library is now selling loose parts as well as continuing to provide free recycling materials when available.
- Certain services are accompanied by a minimum charge.
- Resource Books
- Educational DVDs
- Government Publications
- Teaching Aids
- Educational Toys
- Curriculum Kits
- Photocopying, black & white, as well as colour laser copier
- Paper Cutter
- Public Access Computers
- Board Room (maximum of 12 people)
- Meeting Room (Maximum of 25 People)
- Button Machine
- Curriculum Kits
- Picture Communication Symbols Training (by appointment)
PL to Go is now available to licensed child care supervisors in Hamilton and PRL members through ASCY’s Professional Resource Library.
Guidelines for Library Outreach
- Outreach is currently operating at Mohawk College, in room F145 from late September or early October until April and is closed during reading weeks and during the Christmas Break.
- Human Services students and faculty may use the services of the ASCY Outreach at Mohawk.
- There is no cost for borrowing but those doing so must fill out a form indicating their name, email, phone number and student number (if applicable) so we can communicate with them if the need arises.
- Outreach will be cancelled due to poor weather or the illness/vacation of the Library staff member.
For information on Outreach times and information, contact Jan Smith at 905-575-6017 ext. 222, or e-mail email@example.com
Information can also be found on E-Learn during the Fall and Winter sessions of the academic year.